Monday, 21 September 2009

All done

I've finished all my convention sewing so now I can relax for the rest of the week. I'm very happy. Happy happy dancing going on here. I've even taken up the hems of my newly purchased black pants and jeans (size 16 & 18 respectively). Woot!

So here are the finished items. Simplicity 3894 is first. I only did a couple of adjustments on this one - high round back adjustment, shoulder dart and shortening of sleeves.




Simplicity 3894

Fabric: 100% silk
Purchased at Pitt Trading Sept 2008? $20 p/m


This is Simplicity 3894. Adjustments on this include:

  • 3cm FBA
  • 3cm extra in front
  • 1cm off shoulder length
  • 2cm gaposis tuck on chest
  • 1cm extra added to C/F when pattern cut out (I wanted more gathers)




Simplicity 2891

Fabric: Cotton/spandex stretch woven
Purchased at Pitt Trading September 2009 $8 p/metre


As soon as I saw this one, I knew I wanted to embellish the yoke. It's just variegated Madeira rayon embroidery thread and plain rayon emb thread run through the overlocker (3 thread). I also used a metallic for one piece. I then just caught it down with straight stitches on the machine. Then I added some hot fix Swarovski crystals. Personally, I think it could do with some more!




2 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow they look fantastic and love the embroidery, need to see it in person re the crystals, bring it on Saturday.

You are looking sooooo good.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful embellishment - clever thinking. Will definitely have to pinch that idea! Luisa