Wednesday, 29 July 2009

An update on my frustration

So I take the two toiles with me today to WW. Picture this....2 fat women in the toilet at the library (we go there for coffee after WW). One trying on cream coloured crap, the other with tape measure & pins in hand. Must've been a sight.

She tried the skirt on first (me standing there eyes upward, praying to the sewing gods). It fits! Well..it's a bit tight but I can let some out no problem. I only have to shorten it and we're ready to go. That's a thumbs up.

The shirt is another story. It doesn't even meet at bust but is even worse at stomach & hips. Ergh. So I need to add at least 17cm to the front. The back is great except for the sloping right shoulder that now needs a tuck taken out...so I have to re-trace the back piece complete & not on the fold. Also, she has the biggest shoulders of anyone I know and I still have to take 2cm off the shoulders. Why why why??? Why do pattern companies think that people get bigger shoulders as they get fatter? We're talking some huuuuge shoulder length here. But we will get there. At least I'm experienced in FBAs, right? LOL.

Oh & one parting note. I tried the toile on again in the loo. It fits me today. Where's that eye-rolling icon when you want it?

2 comments:

velosews said...

What do you do? At least the skirt fit and your toile fits. That's two out of three garments that are working. Be proud of that. You've done a good job figuring out how to solve a complex fit issue.

Sharon said...

You made me laugh so much I had to epxlain to my work colleagues what all the fuss was about LOL.

Excellent job in working out the fit issues and you have a shirt that fits you, and a skirt that fits your friend.