Friday, 20 March 2009

Back from Melbourne

Four friends & myself did a little trip to Melbourne last week. We stayed in an apartment in the city and shopped for four days. I don't know about the others, but I was completely exhausted at the end of all that. But here is what I got.


First up, I have some aqua denim ($12 p/m) that I got at Dancing Queen in Richmond. It will be a jeans jacket. Next to it is some boring black cotton knit from Rathdowne Fabrics and to the right is a crinkle 100% cotton that I just couldn't resist for $6 p/metre. Can't remember the name of the shop that I got this from.

This is a poly knit from one of the shops in Brunswick. $6 p/metre.


This is lycra ($10 p/m) for a rashie for my DD. Her current one is dead and I promised to have this one done by the end of the weekend. Next to it, is a piece that matches ($28 p/m) and will be used for around the neck and the sleeves if I have enough. Both are from GJ's fabrics in Lygon St.

Last but certainly not least is 1.5m of upholstery fabric that I am going to use to make Amy Butler's Weekender Bag. I've noticed that Cidell is currently making this & I am taking careful note of the problems she is having. I'm not sure when this bag will be made as I have to obtain lining and interfacing but I'm hoping to have it done sometime this year.

Oh & I also got some 100% Italian wool for a coat I want to make. $30 p/metre from Rathdowne Fabrics. It's just gorgeous. I haven't shared a pic cos...well...it's just black fabric and we all know how well that photographs!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

waah! For some reason, none of the pics are working on my stupid browser, and I wanna seeeeeeeeeeeee! *whine mode off*

Sounds like you're going to be busy!

velosews said...

The fabrics you've bought are all great. They colours make them look yummy.
Thanks for being an organiser on our Melbourne shopping trip too.

Sharon said...

Your fabrics look great and you need to give me tips on how to post them so brilliantly. I didn't realise that you had purchased so much, can't wait to see each piece as a finished project.

Also thanks from for your help in organising our trip.