I cut out and made this top for DD on Sunday. It looks lovely on the hanger but as soon as it gets on her body, it looks like crap. I measured DD as a size 14, she is 90cm high bust & 92cm full bust so I just made up the 14 as is. Well it gapes at the armhole and neckline! Obviously it's her boobs doing it cos the back is fine. I should have realised that it would gape...doesn't everything? So now I have to learn a whole new bunch of alterations.


This is a closeup of the trim. I may yet remove it & just temporarily attach it each time it's worn. I suspect the sequins may fall off in the wash!
Simplicity 4589
View C size 14
Fabric: 100% cotton
Purchased at The Remnant Warehouse 13 Jan 2009 $7.70 p/m
2 comments:
Gasposis LOL we are all there, it is a really lovely looking top, can you get creative to make the changes so DD can wear?
The trim is a good match and I couldn' see the gaps from the photo. Would some elastic along the armhole edge overcome the gaps without too much work?
Post a Comment