I've done absolutely no sewing since DD's dress. I don't know why....usually I say that I can't sew here in the summer cos it's too hot. Well yes, it has been..but only for a few days. Right now it's perfect sewing weather, about 24C and lovely. Anyway, I've decided to get up off my butt and finish adjusting this
I've added about 8cm to the bust, some via a dart which I threw to the underbust seam. I've also lengthened the bodice to go over the "girls". I suspect I may have added a bit too much but that can easily be fixed while sewing. The sleeve needs a bit added to it and the back looks OK so I'll use it as-is. I've got some aqua fabric I bought at Pitt Trading recently and have enough to cut another bodice if necessary. So I just threw that into the wash & it's now hanging on the clothesline. I'm ready to go! I think I'll cut it out tomorrow.
I also just wanted to comment on Faye's question about rain. She has an absolutely fabulous raincoat on her blog and I would *love* to make one. It doesn't rain a lot here in Sydney....I mean it does rain but we don't have weeks and weeks of torrential rain like in the tropics and of course, we don't have snow. So a raincoat is a bit unnecessary for me especially since I drive everywhere. But I would still like to make one! Faye, you're very inspiring!!

3 comments:
And here we were expecting you to turn up any minutes and you were washing fabric LOL. All but hem to do on my first BWOF top, hope to post picks tomorrow.
I have this pattern. I can't wait to see it on you.
The suspense is killing me. I can't wait to see the top on you. You've got such a cool pattern.
Post a Comment