Friday, 30 January 2009

Here's one I made previously

I was just reading Dawn's blog where she posted about children's clothing & whether she needed an embroidery machine. It reminded me of a jacket I made for my DD about 6 years ago and I just wanted to share a pic of it.....to put it down for posterity so to speak.

I had originally seen a girls' jeans jacket in a store here in Sydney which was made of corduroy and lined with polar fleece. It had the most gorgeous butterfly embroidery on it and it cost about AU$50. I looked at it & immediately wanted to make my own. Here is how it turned out.

As you can see, DD is much younger in this pic and, regretfully, the jacket no longer fits her. But, of course, I still have it! I'm not sure if I'll ever get rid of it. It's just one of those things I wanna hang on to.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Oh, DD AND your pink jean jacket are just adorable! I can see why you'd want to save it! :)

I have an award for you posted on my blog. :)
http://afterthedress.blogspot.com

Come by if you would like to play, but of course it’s completely optional.

Take care,
Gwen