Yes, don't all faint but I managed to sew up a blouse yesterday! No pics yet as it's not quite finished. But I did manage to learn a couple of things along the way which is always good.
First thing: I have a new 'must-do' alteration. I need to add 1.5-2cm to the neck edge of the front shoulder (tapering to nothing at the sleeve edge) and take off the same from the back. You can see I need this adjustment in other garments including this knit top. The back neck edge of my new top, which is a woven fabric, is bunching up against the back of my neck. Neither attractive nor comfortable!
The other thing I learnt is that my overlocker needs a service. It gathered the edge when sewing this fabric and after re-threading and playing with the settings, I finally got something that was reasonably decent. However, it's a very wide stitch and I can't change it. If I move the knife over, it won't cut anymore. Ergh.
Once I've sorted out a couple of front and back darts and hemmed the top, I'll post a pic with it on my body. I may even show you my head! It just depends if it's a good hair day.
Oh & one other thing...the interview I mentioned in my previous post didn't happen. I agonised over the position for days before finally deciding that I didn't want to work full-time. The job was full-time until the end of April. I just couldn't leave my 13yo DD at home alone for 6 weeks in the school hols. So I rang them and cancelled. But that doesn't mean I'm still not looking for work and still need clothes.
1 comment:
Hi Alison, It must have been the day for it, so did I but didn't get as far as you did :)
I read somewhere that some of the independent pattern companies have changed their patterns to incoporate the rolled shoulder, so maybe this was already in your pattern and why you need to take it out.
Post a Comment