Wednesday, 8 October 2008

Fabric shopping in Portland!

I'm currently in Portland and today I spent the day with my new friend, Linda Griepentrog. She graciously drove us around all the fabric shops in Portland. Yes, I purchased a few things! How could I not? Here's the loot.

From left to right.....a gorgeous gorgeous piece of microfibre fleece from Rose City Textiles. This stuff is just so soft and, yes, it's a mottled colour, a light green. Not sure if it's really my colour but I loved the feel so just had to have it. On top of that is a couple of ribbons I got at the Bead & Button Emporium. That's a wonderful shop!
Next, is a piece of batik cotton from the Fabric Depot. This will be a summer cami top for wearing around the house. Nice & cool. You can also see Threads magazine. A must-buy for any Aussie in the US. It's $6.99 here and last time I looked, it was around AU$20. Below that is a remnant from the Fabric Depot for my cross-stitched Christmas ornament finishing. It cost me 50c so you can see why that jumped into my bag.
Last but by no means least, is 2 yards of black/white/grey rayon knit from the Mill End Store. This stuff is gorgeous and I just had to have it also even if the background colour is light and I probably don't need any more black/white stuff. But they had nothing else that appealed so it's coming home with me.

1 comment:

velosews said...

Hey Alison.
Why did you hold back? Those fabrics are great colours.