Tuesday, 8 April 2008

The great organisation of 2008!

Well finally the weather here in Sydney is conducive to sewing. However, my sewing room is not! It's been messy for some time and there is no way I could do any productive sewing in there. So I've been planning what to do and buying some new storage furniture. To this end, I got 2 of these Ikea Annefors units and a narrow pantry cupboard. I even assembled the two Ikea numbers myself! They are fabulous for storing my 2 extra sewing machines and now I've got something that I've never had before.....pressing equipment storage! Oh wow!! I'm excited about that. Usually my ham, seam roll and tailor board just float around the room getting in the way. Not anymore. :)

I thought I had a 'before' pic stored on my camera but I can't find it. So you'll have to make-do with a 'during' pic, which is after the furniture has been re-arranged but before I've done a complete tidy up. Without further ado....



I used to have the 2 tables sitting at right angles to one another. This made a square gap in the corner and stuff was forever falling down there. Try as I might, I could not find a 600mm square white table that would go there. So then I thought of a shelf but again, couldn't find the size. That's when I thought I'd just get another table (you can no longer buy the ones I have anymore) so scrabbled through my Ikea cattledog and found a table. Unfortunately it was going to be 1" higher than mine. So then I found the Annefors storage unit and it solved multiple problems for me. Now I can put my extra sewing machines away. Before they were flapping around on the floor, always getting in my way. So I put one Annefors in the corner, moved my table along a bit and put the other Annefors between it and the drawer unit.

This is the other end of the room. It's a complete shambles but it was worse about 2 weeks ago! We used this end of the room as a junk storage place. I want to move that sofa bed (yeah there IS one there somewhere) so it's at right angles to the wall (& we can actually sit on it...what a concept!!) and then I might be able to physically get to the bookcase in the corner that you can't even see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the finished scenario! Luisa R