The black is easy as I have quite a few pieces already - some RTW, some sewn.
The white is also easy as it's just part of the black. There will be no complete white garments here! It just doesn't suit me..but as part of a pattern it's fine.
The red part is a bit testing. I don't currently have anything red that fits so I'm starting from scratch on that.
The grey is good...I know I have a stretch woven grey wool/spandex in my stash so that will be pants (invisible zip and a facing instead of waistband). But I just found in my stash 2 metres of grey polar fleece that I bought on-line from the US quite a few years ago. It has a tiny white pinstripe along the grain. I immediately thought of a collarless jacket with silver zip front. Nothing fancy, I know exactly what I want and this might do but I'd want to change the sleeves so they're not so dropped.

Another item I want to make is something I'm copying from RTW. I saw this tshirt at a store here in Oz called TS. It's a fat womans shop LOL. You know, sizes 14 & up. They had this 3/4 sleeve T that was just an ordinary scoop neck but overlaid with 2 gathered pieces which fell straight down from the neck & joined onto a seam which was just above the bust. This turned the scoop neck into a square. I immediately sketched it out in the shop but of course, now can't find the sketch! Luckily I can remember. Anyway, I was looking in my stash for something else & found the EXACT same black slinky knit fabric that the store had the T in. OH YES!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment