Sunday, 28 June 2015

It's only been a month

But it feels like longer! I thought I'd been sewing lots in that time but when I look at my finished items, it turns out I haven't. Eep!

So what have I sewn? Well it started with this Vogue 9057 Marcy Tilton top that I made in merino. 3 different pieces of merino at that. I cut it out in Tamworth...oh...did I mention Tamworth?? A few of the downunder girls from PR got together in Tamworth. Anyway....I cut out the merino in Tamworth and actually sewed it together there although most of the girls there didn't see me sew it. Hmmm...

The fitting is a bit tricky. I'm still not 100% sure of the top half cos it slips off my shoulders and seems to be too big. I may yet try & take it in a bit.


Then I had a thought that this top fitted into the Plus Size Pattern Contest on PR. But I had to make an outfit. Poo. So I whipped up these New Look 6950 pants which I've made before. I'm still trying to get the fitting right so they're a tiny bit tight in the knee area (of all places!) and they want to fall down. I think the weight of the pockets is pulling them down. Whatever. I do love the pockets though. I don't really love this view though.



So I entered the contest but didn't win. Pity because the prize was actually a good one! LOL. And I sure as hell AM plus sized in that photo!

After that I did some obligation sewing for my mother. A fleece jacket from a pattern I adjusted way back in 2002. My husband sacrificed the polar fleece I'd brought back from the US for him. I'm just not sure he knows that. He he he. It's not actually finished in the photo but if I don't take one now, I'll never see it again.



Then yesterday, I whipped up a mesh top for DD. She needed something to wear to a family party so we popped into The Remnant Warehouse on Friday and she picked out this mesh. It's gorgeous but I would never have picked it for her!


Simplicity 2148 View B
Size 12
Mesh fabric from The Remnant Warehouse 
$5.95 per metre


Meanwhile I am planning this Marcy Tilton raincoat in teal raincoat fabric. Just gorgeous. I'll keep you posted on that baby.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

You have done more sewing than me. All great pieces and your DD's top looks great. I love the colours in it so might be a purchase on Saturday

catspec said...

More sewing than me too! :) Great stuff here - love the color block top! Daught looks happy with her top too! :)

catspec said...

Sigh - should have been daughter....typing in a hurry!

BeaJay said...

Late to the party this time - haven't had a chance to catch up on reading blogs..... And look how much you have done while I wasn't watching. Great items. That jacket for your mum looks so warm as do your pants. Gotta love the tiltons and their patterns. Your daughter's mesh jacket is fabulous. Love it. What fabulous fabric. And just to prove that we are twins - I too have teal raincoat fabric that I purchased some time ago from EOS. Must pull it out of the stash and let it breath.