It's not often that I make a wadder and I never share them if I do but here is my first one for the new year! It's the Christine Jonson Keyhole top and while I kept it as part of the wardrobe, I will not be wearing it. I'll be unpicking it and re-making. You see, the top is reversible which I thought was a good idea. But the fabrics I chose weren't really suitable as it's really heavy and hot to wear. Bummer. Nor was I happy with the keyhole (& no, I won't be showing you a closeup!). I also look like ten ton tess wearing it.
It's a stripe on one side and a plain red on the other. Can I just say "Boobs"??
My other pieces were another version of the New Look T shirt 6735, colour blocked with all my fabrics; a white lace cardi which has a whole story of its own and a red print gorgeous gorgeous mesh overshirt that can be tied.
I adore the mesh top and that WILL be worn. The lace cardi I'm meh about but it will probably work on the cruise. I do love the colour blocked top although something is going on with the sleeve. Anyway, here's the contest collage:
Now I promised Kristy some GOMI worthy shots so here they are:
Don't know what I'd do without that tree in our yard!
I love yous all!
I discovered there were ants on the tree....and on me!
I'm wiping the sweat from my brow cos it was SOOOO hot.
Note the pigeon toed stance.
Oh that one is my photographer who always manages a selfie!













12 comments:
Berry berry nice. I know you told me at Rhodes the pattern number for the mesh wrap but I have the attention span of a gold fish. Can you reply here with it? It really is a winner. Love that colour block top too.
It's Butterick 4989. Sorry I didn't put it in the post but it's on my sidebar and also in the PR review. ;)
Love the pigeon toed stance - very twee and perfect for a blog photo! I love your travel wardrobe, it will probably go perfectly with the red cowboy hat you're wearing in your avatar photo too
Nice selection of things for a cruise. Pity about your keyhole top as it looks very nice.
Hahaha! Thank you for this post--it put a smile on my face this morning. :) Your travel wardrobe is really cute. Bummer about the wadder, but one wadder out of a whole capsule wardrobe isn't bad.
Oh the ants LOL.
Great looking cruise wardrobe and sorry that some of the pieces aren't working but hopefully with some rework the key hole top will be wearable.
Your GOMI-worthy photos made me laugh out loud - especially the twee pigeon-toed and the this-tree-has-ants photos. Everything coordinates wonderfully. Thanks for the comment about the keyhole top. I have this pattern and wondered about it. Very well done!
I have told you before I love that wardrobe collection. Isn't that photo of peeking through the leaves a "Jungle January" shot! :P
GOMI will approve! And red loves you! A great travel ensemble!
A huge congrats on second place. Well done you!
Great travel wardrobe Alison, now you are all set to sit back and enjoy the cruise.
Post a Comment