Monday, 31 March 2014

Vogue 8747

It's been a couple of months since I blogged. Mainly due to having nothing to blog about! But that doesn't mean I haven't been sewing - it's just that I've been sewing toiles. Blech. Talk about a headache! I think I've got those dratted things under control now and can begin the "real deal" items.

But in the middle of all that, I decided to enter the PR Fitted Blouse Contest. So I trawled through my patterns and found Vogue 8747 which, luckily for me, comes in sizes 12-20 in one envelope. I originally bought it for myself but decided for this contest to make my DD a blouse. She is currently job hunting and this will make a perfect interview shirt. She will also need *lots* of work clothes cos currently all she has is casual stuff.

So I started off with a really lovely white cotton batiste from my stash. It felt so gorgeous....until I washed it. Then I sewed it and I really wasn't happy with how it was handling so I put it aside (yes, I will finish it eventually!) and pulled out another fabric from my stash. This one was purchased in Salt Lake City way back in 2011 - remember that day, Sharon? It looked something like this:



If you look closely, you can see this fabric in that bag!

So the blouse is finished. Not without help from my cat Eliza who decided that each day I wanted to sew, she would sit right behind my sewing machine. Of course, today when I had finished the top, she found a completely different place to sleep. Ahh..cats...don't you just love them?

Anyway, I don't expect to win this competition. I just entered to give myself some motivation to sew something....anything! DD looks gorgeous in her new blouse and I'm happy with it. Oh except that I just discovered (by looking at the photos) that the gathering on the fronts is not level. Poop! Never saw that coming.




Vogue 8747
Size 12 with D cup front
Fabric purchased 7 March 2011 from
Yellow Bird Fabrics, Salt Lake City US$9.94 per yard less 20%

5 comments:

Judith said...

Great to hear from you again, love the shirt ~ the colours look bright and cheery ... J

Dilliander said...

Lovely shirt!

Anonymous said...

Lovely blouse. And what glorious fabric! I love that you got that summery print in the depths of winter!

BeaJay said...

What a lovely blouse for your daughter.You have created a great fit. Lovely.

Sharon said...

Oh do I remember that day very well and love the blouse for C.