I'm currently planning my wardrobe for the ASG Convention which will be in Auckland in late September. It's pretty chilly over there that time of year so my plan of things to sew includes 2 pairs of ponte pants (one burgundy, one black), four poly spandex tops, 2 cardigans and various other bits & pieces.
I discovered when I went to try on last year's tops that my boobs have somehow grown just a little so those tops are now snugger than I'd like. :( Not happy with that. So I got my patterns out to work out how much I'd need to add only to discover that the pattern for my very favourite top, Simplicity 4076 is completely unusable since I'd cut the original on the smallest size. Grrr. So I decided to amend the pattern I'd used for the One Pattern Many Looks contest on PR, namely New Look 6735. I love that pattern! Anyway, I overlaid the neckline of Simp 4076 onto this one & traced a new front with the gathers. Here is the result:
While it's pretty good, I'm not happy with the neckband on the left side. It's gaping. Methinks this band is a little large for this pattern. So I'm going to take it off, remove about 1.5cm and re-attach. Hopefully that will fix the problem.
There's also something going on under the arm but I don't know what. LOL. Ironically, it would seem that this top is now too big. The back is quite loose, flowing nicely over my lumps and bumps. Maybe too loose? Anyway, I shall leave that for the moment cos I think it may change with different fabric and the one I'm using for the Convention has a bit firmer weave.

3 comments:
You have done a great job in getting this pattern to work and even though you have pointed out a few problems I think it looks very good on you.
A lovely top which will be even nicer when the neckband is shortened.
Great job merging the 2 patterns.
Funny how the boobs grow quicker than other parts of the bod. Mine do too. My own portable floatation devices.
It will be cold over in Auckland - good idea to start planning some cool weather clothing now! This top is great, and I am sure you can easily fix the slight gaping on the band - how annoying though is it to do this??? I hate going back to redo such fiddly little bits...J
Post a Comment