Lucky old me came second in the One Pattern Many Looks Contest on PR! Thank you to everyone who voted for me (that sounds a bit Academy Award-y). I got a $50 gift voucher for Studio Cherie patterns on Etsy. She has fantastic bags...right up my alley! I've already spent and received the prize and am loving it. So now I can put this on my blog:
I've also participated in the "Map the Sewintists" thingie that Vicki started. I've whacked my pin right in the middle of Rookwood Cemetery which is the biggest one in the southern hemisphere. Why? Just because I could and it amused me to link my 2 hobbies together.
Right now I'm working on a pair of chocolate brown jeans. Yeah...you heard right, chocolate brown! Seems it's one of my colours - who knew? What I really should be doing is a camisole top for my mother. She's off on a cruise in April and I promised to make this for her. I've already given her my older ASG Convention evening tops. Once worn, I can't wear them again and since we have the same bust measurement (but not cup size), they fit her. So she's set for evening clothes but just needs this cami for underneath. I also promised her a wristlet which I'm halfway through but am quickly losing interest. Need to get going on that one. Then I need to train her up on how to use my old digital camera which I'm lending her. Sigh. That's not gonna be easy, I just feel it. But I know for sure that she will be the only 80yo on her cruise with a Nintendo DS. LOL.

5 comments:
Congratulations on your win Alison.
Loved all your tops and you deserved your win. So what did you choose?
A well deserved win!!! And don't tell me that you are also into digging up the bones of the past - my 2nd hobby as well...J
Congratulations Alison - super well done! I look forward to seeing what prize you chose. No envy on helping you Mum on the cruise front. My Mum & Dad are cruising soon too -it must be the season!
Way to go! The tops look great!
Post a Comment