Tuesday, 26 February 2013

Mother's wristlet

I finally sat down at the sewing machine long enough to finish this. Not that it took long - I just couldn't get into it. Onto the pics.



The bag is made using Nicole Mallalieu's makeup bag pattern. The only thing I did differently to the pattern was the addition of the D ring in the side seam to attach a lanyard. Mother can fit all her necessary items in it for the cruise and can swan around without a huge bulky bag. 

Here's a close-up of the lining fabric:

 

And a close-up of the D-ring & lanyard:


5 comments:

velosews said...

She'll love it.

BeaJay said...

Great purse - love the fabric.

Sew Leonie said...

Very nice. What a cute and practical bon voyage gift.

Sharon said...

Perfect for your Mum she will be thrilled.

catspec said...

That is so cute! I thought "Vera!!!" ;)