Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Blog awards and the acknowledgement of same

Way back in December, my good buddy Anne nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger/One Lovely Blog award (not sure which one though LOL). Being the slack bitch that I am, I haven't acknowledged it. So now my hand has been forced cos Beajay has nominated me for the Liebster award!



According to the rules of both or either of these awards, I'm supposed to:
  • Thank the person (thanks girls) and link back to their blog/s - check!
  • Post a certain amount of facts about yourself (Liebster 11, VIB/OLB 7) - see below
  • Answer the 11 questions posed by your Liebster nominator - hmmm
  • Pass the award on to other people (Liebster 5, VIB/OLB 10) - I think I'll pass on this
So here are the facts (& I'll do 10 just cos it's easier for me).

I am an obsessive compulsive trip planner. What this means is if I'm travelling overseas, I will plan (& book) my hotel for each night after checking Trip Advisor for reviews and looking for the best price. If I'm on a road trip say, across the USA, I will plan out exactly how far we will drive each day, what we will see on the way & where we will stay & eat. Doesn't everyone?

I adore researching my family tree. So much so, that I have considered doing a degree to make me a professional. Here's a small tid bit....I recently discovered that my husband is related to Anne's (see above) husband! Small world. And don't even ask how we found that out while we were sewing!

I only have 1 child. People always ask me why which I think is a bit rude. What if my bits were un-usable after having said child? That's a personal question people! Anyway, I just tell them that I couldn't risk having another cos the one I had was perfect. :)

I'm a stay-at-home mother and I love it. But I would like to be paid without working. :)

My house is an absolute pig sty. I'm not good with housekeeping. I don't mop the floor every week. Gosh I can't even remember the last time I DID mop the floor.

My cats have just revolted regarding a change in brand of cat litter. I don't think I need to say anymore.

I'm very good at giving criticism but no good at taking it.

I hold a grudge. So don't cross me or you'll be off my list for good.

I'm addicted to attending the Australian Sewing Guild annual Convention. This year it's in Auckland. But now I'm on the committee, I have to go anyway. Score!

I'm currently teaching my DD to drive and it's turning my hair gray. 

Beajay also asked that the following questions be answered.
  1. Tea or coffee - Coffee!
  2. Cats or dogs - Cats...duh
  3. If you had $50 and could only buy patterns or fabric - what would you buy? - Patterns
  4. Comedy / Drama / Horror / Musical or Action - none? I'm not a big movie goer but love a good crime novel
  5. Do you feel younger than your age or older - or just right? - younger. I'm really only 26
  6. If you could do or be anything in the world (human that is - profession etc) - what would you be? - See above. Family Historian or even an IT professional.
  7. Why are you not the above (if you said anything other than what you are)? - Ummm...as my daughter would say "effort"
  8. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things - and no sitting on the fence on this one - if you had to choose - what would it be? - definitely doing things right. I'm a Virgo after all.
  9. If you could offer a child only one piece of advice - what would it be? - Be yourself.
  10. Do you have life goals - and if so - do you write them down and revisit them? - Nup & nup! LOL
This last one is a favourite of mine:

11. Is there any such thing as the truth and if so, is it possible to know the truth without challenging it first? - Ummmmm.....I'm not even sure I understand the question. :)





5 comments:

BeaJay said...

So glad I got you to update your blog. Loved reading more about you. Interesting that you are Virgo. Laughed out loud at some of your comments. Thanks for playing along.

Judith said...

Thanks for sharing some fun-info about yourself ... did give me a few laughs! I also am a huge fan of digging up the bones in the family tree - finally discovered 'real' convicts in the dusty old cupboard...J

Cherrypix said...

You weren't slack...just planning your reply....:-p. Well worth the wait! I'm still blown away that we figured out the family tree connection!

Sharon said...

Love your trip planning it works brilliantly and the family tree is very interesting, hold a grudge - never!

Renata said...

Your answers only confirmed what I already knew about you, you are a positive scream. And guess what, I am a Taurus, and that makes us compatible, but I don't mean up close and personal!!!