Friday, 29 June 2012

Just for a change...a red top!

I received my Zipperstop order last week so finished up this Vogue baby. I adore this neckline but apparently did something wrong cos it didn't fit. Fudging had to be done so mine doesn't look as nice as it should. I'll just have to make another one, right? :)

The fabrics are wool except for that sleeve which is a Marcy Tilton mesh purchased at Puyallup. See, I am using the fabrics I bought in the USA.




Vogue 8793
Size L
Fabric: front - red merino from the Remnant Warehouse $14.95 p/m
back - black wool jersey leftover from my cardi wrap 2 yrs ago
sleeve - b/w mesh from Marcy Tilton $15 p/yard
collar - black/grey striped merino from The Fabric Store bought at Downunder PR weekend 2011

7 comments:

Kelley said...

It's a lovely top and I can't see any issues with it from my angle. I love the combination of fabrics!

Sue said...

The fudging worked - a great top!

velosews said...

Wow. A new red top. It is different and the neckline is really cool:))

Sharon said...

Great top and no fudging visible from here. Lovely combination of fabrics.

Judith said...

I would be writing up your 'fudging' technique as it looks great. Love the fabrics...

BeaJay said...

Great top - LOVE the neckline - vey unusual.

Anonymous said...

What fudge? It's a very clever, great looking neckline!