I used a size L & tapered out to an XL from the underarm down. We did a class with Angie Zimmerman (sadly, there will be no more of these) and she decided we needed to shape the back of the sleeve more and narrow the front chest area. Other than that & my usual shoulder/neck adjustment, all I did was add an extra inch to the length when cutting out. It's just a pity I forgot to do the same on the band! So I had to fudge that & piece in a bit at the lower front. Luckily the pattern on the fabric hides it.
I think this will be a very versatile pattern. It's the one used in the fractured knits class at the Australian Sewing Guild Convention which will be in Adelaide in September. Love it!
Kwik Sew 2759
Fabric: Sweater knit (cotton??)
Purchased from The Remnant Warehouse 4 Feb 2012
Price: $8.95 p/m

3 comments:
I love it too Alison. It's going to be a versatile piece.
This looks great Alison, a wonderful start for the fractured knits!
I have been slack, that is a great cardi and even better in real life.
Post a Comment