Monday, 5 December 2011

Sewing? What's that??

I've been in a bit of a sewing slump since spring/summer began. I have made no sewing plans and I think this is my problem. I'm a bit of an OCD planner so with no plans, I do nothing. Anyway, I had to go to the ASG meeting and needed something to sew so cut this out on Friday. I'm so out of the loop I'd cut one piece, get bored, go away, do something else & then come back & cut the other layer. Repeat ad nauseam. This is my life at the moment.

I got it all sewn up at the meeting. Pretty easy sewing. In fact, I think this pattern is easier than Nicole's zip coin purse number. The frame really scared me though cos I thought it would be hard. Well it was soooo easy, I couldn't believe it. You had to glue it in place first & then crimp. Easy as pie and looks FANTASTIC. Well, at least, I think it does! LOL.



200mm Frame Purse Kit
Designer: Nicole Mallalieu
Fabric: Vera Bradley cotton from Etsy
$10 per yard
Border fabric from Bargain Box Shepparton



7 comments:

velosews said...

That's pretty. Love it.

Jane M said...

Wow, eye catchingly lovely. I too would be nervous about a frame so I'm even more impressed.

elleR said...

That's really nice - who's pattern was it??

elleR said...

oh,, Nicole's - sorry missed it! Still really nice purse, love the colour.

Anonymous said...

Really pretty purse - like the fabric.
Skye

Sharon said...

Excellent job, love the colours and so glad that frame was easy.

Sue said...

Lovely! I must try something like this. Sewing slumps are going around!