To that end, I made a toile today of the Minoru jacket. There are 3 or 4 of us in my sewing group who are making this jacket but we all seem to be encountering the same fitting problems. First of all, the elastic markings are too low. Well, actually this means the top half of the jacket is too long. I know I'm short and I can expect to change stuff like this but the pattern has no lengthen/shorten lines at the top half, only at the bottom. Same with the sleeves. I've taken off 2.5" already but they're STILL too long. Again, only one set of shortening lines. Whatever. There appears to be some mojo creeping back with this jacket and if I can get the dratted thing to work, I'll be making 2 versions. One in red ripstop (although it's more like a shower curtain than boardshorts) and one in maybe aqua drill. Yummy.
Anyway, today I had another finish! It's a curling iron/hair straightener cover. I've been looking at the Vera Bradley ones trying to work out how to copy it when I found this blog which had a tutorial for said VB knockoff. Beauty! So here it is, with the requisite mistakes which I'm not going to point out. LOL.
1 comment:
Great cover for curling iron/hair straightener, and looking forward to making the Minoru jacket with you.
Post a Comment