This is what I made in 2011
Tops - 5
Bags - 5
Coats/jackets/cardigans - 5
Hats - 2
Skirts - 1 (well actually there's another that's not quite finished)
Socks - 1
Miscellaneous - 2
Vogue is the winner this year with 5 patterns used. Who knew? I suspect it's due to my trip. Second is a tie with McCalls, New Look, Simplicity and Nicole Mallalieu all with 3. Then 2 'no patterns' LOL, one Green Pepper and one Debbie Cook.
After last year's 20 tops made, 5 this year is a little bit of a disappointment. But who thought I'd ever make 5 jackets? I hardly ever wear jackets (so I thought) but this includes THE coat, a cardigan for my trip and various cardigan jackets which are very handy.
This year was the first time I've ever travelled overseas for a sewing event. The Sewing Expo in Puyallup was great fun and I spent a bomb. I'd go back in a heartbeat. We also blitzed the fabric stores in Portland, OR and I could easily do that once a year. So I'm saving my pennies. But the pattern and fabric sales are so hard to resist!
So, for next year I'd like to do a bit more planning with my sewing. I really need some pants plus there will be the usual wardrobe pieces for the ASG Convention which will be in Adelaide in September. I need to get my head into the right space and, as Nike say, just do it.
Here's my now-traditional collage of finished items for your edification. :)
5 comments:
Love your collage - there certainly is a variety of garments in amongst that lot. My favourite is the red Marcy Tilton top - on my list of 'must-do' for 2012.
Wonder what will be on your list for 2012???
Great collage and so many cardigans which surprised me. I really do like you wearing the skirt.
You jackets and coat are really lovely. I loved your Marcy top the best and always love the accessories you make. Thanks for a great year.
Well travelling is the obvious answer. And maybe that new 'uniform' jacket that almost everyone will be sewing at Alexandria will bring back your mojo with a vengeance.
I vote for THAT coat as my favourite.
The things you have made are lovely and great additions to your wardrobe. All the best for 2012!
Post a Comment