Tuesday, 27 September 2011

Yep, another finish

This is another bag I've been working on & just finished yesterday. The pattern is designed for pre-quilted fabric so I just quilted some cotton using 2 layers of fusible fleece. Big mistake! The pattern has some darn annoying dart thing at the bottom of the front & it was really really hard to get that through my computerized machine. In fact, it didn't like it AT ALL. However, I forced it through LOL and managed to finish it up.

Simplicity 2911
Fabric: Vera Bradley cotton fabric
from The Remnant Warehouse $5 p/m

My changes to the pattern are:

  • Got rid of all the hardware that was recommended, changed the strap to a fixed length and attached it using O rings.

  • Added a little zipper pocket to the front slip-in pocket (& wasn't that tricky for my brain to work out!)

  • Used Nicole Mallalieu's boxing method to join the lining pieces together (Simplicity wanted me to do that dratted dart again).

  • Interfaced the floppy lining so the magnetic catch had some support
So that's it. Another bag finished and now I have no projects. :(


2 comments:

Sharon said...

Love the bag and your changes.

velosews said...

great bag alison!