Friday, 10 December 2010

My haul

I've been shopping today. Shopping for overlocker thread. My favourite little man in Canley Vale who I only discovered in January is closing down next week (Wednesday Dec 15 to be precise) and is selling off his stock. 5000m cones of overlocker thread are $1. 1000m reels are 20c. I'm not sure if zips are reduced but they were only 20c before. I decided to buy any overlocker thread colours that I thought I may need in the future so here's a pic of my haul.

The overlocker colours I got were hot pink, turquoise, light grey, cherry red & 8 little 1000m reels of white.

The tailor's chalk was $1 a box so I couldn't resist it.




Then they brought out needles - they were also $1 a packet. Even if they're not fantastic quality, $1 for 10 needles in a major bargain. So I had to have them.

3 comments:

Gail said...

Its a shame he's closing. Not sure where Canley Vale is in Sydney - I think I'd feel too much like a vulture not having been a regular customer.

Michelle said...

Wow, that is a haul. It is a shame he is closing. It seems that sewing businesses are having more and more trouble staying afloat.

velosews said...

Nice work. You've got lots to work with now.