OK...so here are a couple of pics for your edification. I need to say that the pants aren't finished. I've been trying to fiddle with the baggy bum bit and it's just about doing my head in. I need to take the legs in beneath the bum but let them out at the calf. Is that really possible?? Talk about a wonky seam! Here's how they look right now....the right leg is the one I've been playing with, the left is actually undone at the inseam so just ignore how it looks. There's also some tiny horizontal thing going on with the waist dart. Bleh. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to let me know! Maybe I can just leave them. As my husband said "doesn't everyone have pants that look like that?". I told him that sewers don't.
Did I mention that we found perfect shoes for DD's dress (that I haven't started)? In Target of all places and on special for $20. Fabo! Here's how they look.
And this is how they look after I stuck swarovski crystals on them with my marvellous bejeweller.
Finally, here is the pic of my top. Simplicity 4076 with sleeves from KS 2694. I've cropped my head so as not to frighten any small children who may be looking over your shoulder. It's not a good hair day today.

Simplicity 4076 with KS 2684 sleeve
Fabric: Poly jersey (ITY????)
Purchased at Pitt Trading $4 per metre
3 comments:
Love the top. It's so refreshing. The shoes are great. DD will love them. When the darts are pulling, undo them or sliver them down. As for the inseam smiles, I'm stumped. The pants fit book says (pg36)'pull pants down in front and up in back' but doesn't that just make a wedgie?
Love the print on the top and those shoes. Aaah!! I need a bedazzler!! Isn't it funny how picky we get about our pants fit. My hubby makes the same kind of comments, but it makes me crazy to see wrinkles. I think velosewer may be on to something, with the addition of a scoop out of the crotch curve - so as to prevent that wedgie...
The shoes look fantastic and glad you found them at such a good price.
Love your top and sorry no help with the pants.
Post a Comment