Monday, 8 March 2010

Mini Wardrobe again

So here is my storyboard (subject to change LOL) for the Mini Wardrobe contest.


The hardest thing for me in this comp will be those pants. I want to do them with an invisible zip. Only problem is that pattern has the zip at the back. I don't know how easy it will be to change that but we shall see.

I found the black wool crepe skirt and it fitted me easily. No wonder as I had made size 22! I've since donated it to my mother as I found it a little short for me due to the fabric not being wide enough last time. I will be making a smaller size this time and the pattern should fit easily on the fabric so I shouldn't have that problem again (fingers crossed). The other thing I did last night was test the shrinkage of the red wool. A 1.5" square shrunk in reasonably warm/hot water 1/2" in width only. But it didn't shrink in lukewarm or cool water so I will pre-wash it & hope for the best. I don't do dry-cleaning!

Oh & to answer Sue's question about Puyallup - I'm going next year! Yip yip yipeeeeeeeee! Two of my friends are coming with me, velosewer & Sharon. Should be fun. You can come too Sue if you like!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

I like your plan. Where do you want to put the zip? It is not a problem to move.

All my invisible zips in my pants are at centre back and I have had no problems.

SewRuthie said...

Look nice! Invisible zip in the centre back is quite good as it lets you take in the side seams without messing with the zip again.

Sue said...

I do like your plan! Going to Pallyup souds like heaps of fun!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

It looks great - and you use some of your brand new fabric too- fun! Cheers! Evelyn