2009 was a pretty good sewing year for me. I made 16 items, mostly tops. This was also the year that I sewed an outfit for a friend (who paid me!) and she has asked me to make something else for her. Let's hope it goes as well as the last one did. I seem to have a liking for turquoise at the moment. Funny thing...I was reading an image blog & there was a post saying that turquoise is the colour of the year for 2010. Ha! I'd love to make a SWAP wardrobe based on the colour but I'm a bit unsure of what to put with it. I mean, you can't go out in head-to-toe turquoise!
So - to the wrap up. Simplicity is my pattern of choice this year making up most of my items. There's a couple of Kwik Sew, Vogue & Burdas in there but no McCalls or Butterick. Interesting. I think it stems from the $5 patterns I buy at the ASG industry days. We used to have them at McCalls but now they're held at Simplicity hence the bias. I tried New Look for the first time and am very impressed. I like having all pattern sizes in one envelope.
Maybe I should make some goals for this year. It looks like I need to plan my sewing a bit more. Maybe get some pants in there (I'm working on that right now). I'm still losing weight so it makes it a bit tricky to plan. I don't want to spend lots of time and $$$ making some gorgeous thing only to have it fit for a limited time. But I can promise you this - when I'm at my goal weight, I'll be participating in a SWAP. It looks like so much fun!

4 comments:
Check out RuthieK's blog http://ruthieksews1.blogspot.com/ she has made a teal wardrobe to give you some ideas. RuthieK also did the SWAP in 2009 using patterns that were easily adjustable as she was loosing weight.
16 items makes my 9 look very paltry. Need to get of the computer LOL.
16 is a good innings. I made 13 wearable items including 4 for my daughters, plus a couple of absolute straight for the bin duds.
I think you've done some really good work. Sharon's suggestion of checking out RuthieK's blog is worthwhile looking at.
Looks like you had a very successful sewing year!
Post a Comment