Wednesday, 11 November 2009

What have I been doing?

Well, I've been sewing up a storm that's what! Last weekend I made 2 wearable toiles for 2 knit tops and they both worked a treat. I don't have any photos though. I also made my daughter a pair of shorts. I even tissue fitted them on her cos I couldn't be bothered making a toile. I discovered that she needs more back crotch length. Who would've thought?!

The Australian Sewing Guild had their annual industry day at Simplicity a couple of weeks ago. Patterns (Burda, Simplicity & New Look) were $5 so I got ten. Here they are:



Simplicity 4076 (yes, I already have this but this one is the smaller sizes!), New Look 6729 and Burda 8503.



New Look 6735 (this is one of the Ts I made on the weekend), 6160 & 6875




Simplicity 8523 & 2977 (another one of my wearable toiles)



Burda 8341 & 7966 (my daughter's shorts)

I'm also going away for the weekend, sewing. Sharon organised this retreat for us. I am currently organising my projects into ziplock bags. I'll be making real versions of the 2 knit tops, another pair of shorts for DD, a skort for myself and possibly a bag. I may even cut out my Amy Butler weekender since I now (finally) have all the bits & pieces sorted. Note I'm not attempting to sew it on the weekend. I think it will involve much muttering so it's probably best if I sew this in the privacy of my own sewing room. :)

3 comments:

velosews said...

Go hard Alison. I'm really excited to see your projects. 3 more sleeps to go :-)

Sharon said...

Only 2 more sleeps and yes can't wait to see your new knit tops and check out the skort.

See you soon.

Gail said...

It was really lovely to meet you and your Mum - was really 2 weeks ago?