I can't show you a pic of the skirt cos it's really hard to photograph and look half decent. So I'll share that later when I see my victim wearing the ensemble. However, I can show you the shirt on a hanger.
Kwik Sew 3039
Fabric: 100% cotton with stretch suede piping
The fabric was gorgeous to sew and the piping went in perfectly and easily. Then I embellished it a bit further with Fuschia 4mm Swarovski hot-fix crystals on the front and back yokes & cuffs. It looks fabulous!
It's also teamed with a vest. The front is choc suede and the back is the pink check. She will be one pink person on Saturday night!
Phew...now that that's all done, I can get back to my own sewing for the Convention. Let's see...I have 3 whole weeks including 2 weekends plus Saturday 26th. Hmm....I've done my adjustments and was going to cut out toiles today but got involved in the abovementioned number. So maybe tomorrow. I've got 3 tops planned but really need another one. Maybe I could re-fashion something from previous years? To that end, I tried on a stretch velvet wraparound top that I made 4 years ago (McCalls 4800 IIRC). Oh wow...it's huge! I'd have to take in at least 4" off the hips and bust. However, it's probably my best bet as none of the seams are finished a la the overlocker so an unpick is a doddle.


2 comments:
You have done a fantastic job on this shirt, and can't wait to see the whole ensemble.
Good thinking 99 about refashioning the stretch velvet wraparound top.
I love it. It's boot scooting classy.
Post a Comment