Wednesday, 30 December 2009

Yet another finish

This is another top that I made on our weekend away. I forgot to take the fabric with me and I hadn't cut out the armhole facings so I did that yesterday along with the hem. I've actually made two of these tops; the first one being a wearable toile. It came out so well that I cut another one from this gorgeous red knit. I have no idea of the composition of the knit but it goes really awful when washed. I pre-washed it and thought my fabric was ruined. Turns out, it comes back when dry! Interesting concept. It is a very fine knit and feels almost like wool. I'm not even sure if that's a possibility. Anyway, when I bought the fabric I found FOE in the exact same colour so that's what I used on the neckline. I'm very happy with the top except for the fact that it doesn't actually cover my bra straps at the back. I obviously didn't notice that when I made the first one!


Simplicity 2977
Size 16 with 6cm FBA
Fabric: red knit of unknown composition
Purchased at Pitt Trading November 2009
$9 per metre

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Looking good.

velosews said...

Go Alison. That's a nice fit and colour for you. Well done.