Jalie jeans
I started a toile of the Jalie jeans today. OH. MY. GOD. They are skin tight! Skin tight from the hip area right down to the knees. I have to admit, I made no adjustments to the pattern. I wanted to see what I'd need to fix. Well make that everything! To start with, my denim isn't particularly stretchy. Jalie recommends a 4% spandex. Funnily enough I have some in my stash so I'll have to bite the bullet & try it. But first I need to add the back yoke to see if it will actually come up to my waist. Gad.
5 comments:
Oh wow that is interesting. PR does say you need the 4% stretch. One of the reviews used non stretch but not sure how many sizes up she went.
What Alison, no photo? Actually I think you are a brave sewist making jeans - they are still on my 'I don't sew...' list
Yes, they ARE skin tight to the knee! They loosen a smidge with wear, provided you use that 4% stretch. Enjoy!!
So you're not into the skinny jeans fad? The 4% stretch will really help you breath easier. You are brave making jeans and I know they'll fit perfectly.
I bought the Jalie jeans pattern recently. I will take this on board when I get around to making them.
Post a Comment